Pages

Amber

I'm 21. I'm a part-time cosmetology student, I also work full-time. I'm pretty lazy, and don't lift my fingers to do many things in my free time, except to decorate their tips =]

This blog is to document my progress, as I continue to try new things with my nails as much as possible.

I am in no way affiliated with the brands of products that I review on here, I just really love shopping.

Questions? nevernakednails3@gmail.com I'm also on facebook

Saturday, June 16, 2012

June Birchbox!

Hey y'all!  Today I'm reviewing my June Birchbox, which I received earlier this week. The theme this month is Jet Set so basically they're putting up products in the June shop all geared toward keeping your beauty routine fresh while you're on the go vacationing and whatnot during summer.  If you don't know what Birchbox is, they are a $10 a month beauty subscription, each month has a different theme, and usually have awesome products sent to you in deluxe (and sometimes full) sizes to try out.  Oh yeah, sometimes they send out polish=] Also, be sure to check out their new addition Birchbox Man, which is a $20 a month subscription filled with manly things (scents and shave cream?)  I have not started this yet, but I won't rule it out as a great birthday gift for my boyfriend=]


Look at the cute print inside the pink outer mailing box, which is normally plain.

 "June Box
Blame the school calendar, but every June we still get giddy about dusting off our suitcases and planning an itinerary. Even when we can't hop on a plane, train, or automobile, we get our fix in other ways—from transporting films to globe-trotting beauty products. This month's box is devoted to products that will indulge your inner jetsetter, starting with a flattering lip and cheek stain, that will
 outlast your next long-haul flight.


Check out this month's issue of the Birchbox Magazine, with a guide to fuss-free vacation nails, a cheat sheet on surprising SPF facts, and much more. Not sure where to start? Click over to our editor's letter, for a cheat sheet on this month's happenings."






I am still (as always) very pleased with my Birchbox, even though they basically sent me a cuter version of a ziploc bag, two lip tints that are just about the same color, I'm still pretty happy with it.  I like the lip colors that they sent me, this is TheBalm's Stainiac in Beauty Queen, which doubles as a lip and cheek stain.  I haven't tried it on my cheeks yet, but as far as lip stains go, I freakin' love 'em, and this one is pretty freakin' awesome.  It might look like it will be very deep and dark, but it isn't opaque, it just gives a touch of richness to your lips without being overpowering. This goes for $17.00 for .3 oz and I'm pretty sure this is a full size.  As always it's good to apply a balm before a stain, as lipstains and lipsticks can be very drying.

As for the Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint in Madge Mauve named for Madonna, I'm a little on the fence.  While the stain and the gloss they sent me are both similar shades, this is just not normally a shade I want in a gloss.  I like my deeper reds to be matte or stained, maybe even shimmery, but this is just too dark to be glossy for me.  I think I'll probably use it over the stain, in a teeny tiny amount to maybe prolong the wear of it. This retails for $19.00 for .40 oz, and from what I can tell they have sent a full size =]

The LA FRESH Eco Beauty Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover packs are actually pretty darn awesome.  When I see "acetone-free" I think, well that just won't do!  Not so with this product, my polish was off in the same amount of time it takes to remove with pure acetone, and my fingers weren't left dried up.  This is a single pad, with just enough space/product to use on all ten nails.  The remover itself contains aloe, glycerin, Vitamin E, horsetail and rosemary extracts, and is also paraben, sulfate, and artificial fragrance free.  They smell like sweet citrus, but not overpowering.  I'm not sure if horsetail extracts involve animal cruelty or..what..really..anyway.. It's $9.99 for 18 single use wipes, and I definitely recommend it unless there's something better/the same for cheaper, that doesn't won't damage nails.

The Kelly Van Gogh Wonderlust Hair Colour Protecting and Illuminating Tonic, I haven't had the chance to use it yet but I'm pretty excited about it!  It's supposed to protect your hair from UV damage and other free radicals, while making it shiny and protecting your color.  Contains Vitamin C and keratin, and the microscopic mica particles are what gives your hair the shine.  I will definitely let you guys know how this goes, because all I am striving for right now are color care products.  I've just colored my hair a pretty bright red, and if you know hair color you know reds fade like no other.  I'm fully prepared for the upkeep, I don't wash my hair a lot and I'm only really out in the sun maybe once a week.  I don't have the time to go swimming, and I go to freaking hair school where the services are dirt cheap, and I get half off of that.  This goes for $30, but it doesn't say how many ounces of product you get, however for my sample it's 11 oz.  Which is pretty sweet for a deluxe sample!

As for the Tili Bag...It's cute, and they have a lot of other patterns besides the one that I got.  They are $8.49 for 12 quart sized bags.  I mean honestly, who the eff would buy this?  This is pretty crazy.  They are cute, don't get me wrong.  But the cheap girl inside who shops clearance racks and discount stores could never recommend buying overpriced baggies, no matter how cute.  I use this to keep my snacks for school and work in one place in my bag, so it's not entirely useless, but the only reason I didn't break down and buy a small cheap lunchbox is because I checked my account and saw that I would be receiving one of these, and figured it might do the job.  Yeah, I'm cheap.

Anyone else out there happy with their beauty subscriptions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, I do appreciate your thoughts and opinions =]