Pages

Amber

I'm 21. I'm a part-time cosmetology student, I also work full-time. I'm pretty lazy, and don't lift my fingers to do many things in my free time, except to decorate their tips =]

This blog is to document my progress, as I continue to try new things with my nails as much as possible.

I am in no way affiliated with the brands of products that I review on here, I just really love shopping.

Questions? nevernakednails3@gmail.com I'm also on facebook

Friday, May 18, 2012

Sakura and other lovely florals =]

Hello!  Today my post will be about a manicure that I have been wanting to try out for a while now, and now that I have the right tools I thought, "Why not?"

My inspiration comes from one of my oldest besties who loves anything and everything Japanese.  I took a semester of Japanese in college and uh..I remember the day someone in the class was all "You know, English is actually one of the hardest languages to learn.." I was like...uhh where are you getting your intel, buddy?  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it's one of the easiest for a lot of reasons, and one of them being that normally all of our words just generally have one meaning, and we don't normally use the same word to mean a lot of different things.  Also the way our sentences are put together is easier to understand.  Someone stop me if I'm wrong!  Needless to say, that class was really hard..

I had been getting my ideas just from googling "cherry blossom nails" for a while now, and there are a lot of variations, so i just used the basics as my base, a nude (or minty blue) background, a branch here and there, and then little pink and white flowers all over the place =] and let my mani lead itself as I went along.


 inside
outside
inside

This is one coat of Gelous, two coats of Zoya Cho, topped with Seche Vite.
I used tape to help make my tips, and painted them in Revlon Minted.  I used my really fine brush with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Flirt to make little branches on my thumb and ring fingers, starting at either top or bottom (I alternated the starting points on my right hand) and then for my cherry blossoms I used my brush again in OPI My Address Is Hollywood, and Sally Hansen French Tip White for the middles.  Topped off again with Seche Vite.

I loved loved loved this mani so much.  My friends seemed to like it, and my only problem with it is that I think I definitely should've used dotting tools to make the flowers, but I was on a roll with my brush lol I love that thing..

A little something else is another review.  I hope everyone likes reviews, because I think I'll start doing them a little more.  Not a lot, mostly things that I have received in past Birchboxes that I still have (mainly perfume samples)  I promise they won't all always be as long as my May Birchbox Review post lol I tend to get carried away...

Anyway, last month Birchbox sent me a sample of Taylor Swift's new perfume, Wonderstruck.  I love the way this smells! If you love floral and fruity scents, this is something you need to take a whiff of!  At Birchbox 3.4oz of the stuff is $59.50.  The bottle is so magical looking, purple with a gold top, and little golden charms all around the cap.  I don't know how much you guys like Taylor Swift, or country/pop in general, but I can't help myself.  Her songs are catchy, and her voice is great.  And she really seems like the type of girl who still has a good head on her shoulders in the world of celebrities, really girl-next-door-ish.  She brings out the "country girl" in me that I used to stifle and be embarrassed of, but where I'm from it's damn near impossible to not have a little backwoods coursing through your veins.  Also, this "country girl" (ha.) does not pay the high prices for perfumes and stuff..I'm the type of girl, if I don't get it for Christmas or buy it right before Christmas when VS has that lovely "Buy a million lotions and sprays for $this" then I'm not getting any perfume.  If I WERE the type of girl to have money to splurge on such things...then $60 wouldn't be so bad to pay for this lovely bit of goodness..I guess..

What's your favorite smell?

2 comments:

  1. The mani turned out great!

    I love Christina Aguilera By Night! one of my favourite perfumes. I even have a back up bottle.

    I love vanilla scents but it's really hard to find the perfect one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!

      I'm head over heels for Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy!

      If you can find the perfect vanilla, please let me know. I have always found that perfumes/lotions with vanilla scents are always way too overpowering with it, if they could just be more subtle, or maybe have something in with it to tone it down? maybe i could like them more..

      Delete

Thank you for reading, I do appreciate your thoughts and opinions =]